Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This cold season and the New Years trip to Vegas by car (gas powered Camry) slowed progress down some, but we are back at it.

A few weeks back I finally got things straightened out with my Elcon charger, the Orion BMS, the serial CANBUS interface between the two, and the bank of batteries.  Everything setup on my kitchen table with 50+ wires going all over the place, I got a full charge on my batteries with a real time visual on each battery as they balanced, etc.  A full charge is nice so I can do a test drive without yet installing the BMS or Charger into the car.

While my parents were in town over Christmas my Mom helped me build up the trunk area with wood for supporting the batteries.  It's nice there is a very thick and tall heavy duty steel support directly behind the rear seats that provides a nice safe way to keep batteries separate from people in the case of an auto accident.  We also brewed up 5 gallons of stout which is now in the bottling stage. yummy!  (pictures coming)



No comments:

Post a Comment