Thursday, August 7, 2014

sold the V8

The other day I managed to sell the V8 302 for $700.  Was cheap but I'm happy with that considering I really can't give the buyer any good info on how reliable the motor will be.

I have been working on the motor mounts and plate for my electric motor and it is installed into the car.  There is a gap there between the motor plate and the transmission bell housing, the gap is firm with some large bronze spacers, but really that is still a temporary solution (but strong enough that it could be permenent)

Regardless I will have to disassemble the setup to put in an aluminum flywheel or at least get the steel flywheel that is in there now balanced (Ford has a stock purposely imbalanced setup to compensate for internal motor imbalances)
-josh



No comments:

Post a Comment