Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Charger plug thingy

The Elcon charger shipped with a Nema 6-20 style plug which is designed for 220v 20amp max, I removed the plug and put on a normal 5-15 which is the normal household plug style for 110v, I did this knowing the charger has already been set to limit to 15amp max when plugged into 110v.  For now I will only be able to charge on 110v (until I decide what type of plug I want to use to get hooked up to my 220v dryer plug)

I plugged it in to the wall with the newly installed 110v plug and the lights came on and the charger indicated it was not connected to any batteries.

I also borrowed a pressure washer from my boss/client/friend John, to clean out the engine compartment.  As I tried to get it going to the water outlet on the hot water heater, I realized my hose was frozen due to being left in the front yard snow.  So I started on building a tool cart out of spare plywood and 2x4s.  I put on a new "metal blade" for the band saw and it worked great for wood even though it was purchased for trimming the aluminum plate, which has already been trimmed using Jori's reciprocating saw and some metal blades (designed for cutting metal).

My daughter is recovering from Tonsillectomy.  The recovery process is nasty, and progressing "less than optimal".

No comments:

Post a Comment