Saturday, November 9, 2013

Received copper connecting bars and Elcon Charger



Jori with new Elcon charger in yellow, bottom right is Orion BMS next to copper connecting bars in black shrink wrap.

Newly arrived "bigger" crimper that can do 2/0 guage and much bigger even.



Turns out the biggest hydraulic crimper sold by Harbor Freight cannot do 2/0 lugs, it doesn't open big enough to put the lugs in, additionaly  the biggest hex setting it has is for 0 awg gauge.  I ordered one from Amazon that should be able to do it, the model is YQK-240A, so hopefully I'm all set there.
The copper connect bars/leafs arrived, they are really 3 leafs of copper held together with shrink wrap and they a hump so they offer some flex for battery expansion/movement. Look like they will work just fine.

So I need to clean the engine compartment and get the motor mounted alongside the axle, lets hope that fits.  Also I still need to put in the new brushes, I'll be making a video of that, the video's from the shop manual were very helpful.

The batteries shipped in two cases of 3/4" playwood, with lots of foam lining, since I have smaller batteries I will probably just try and leave the batteries in those cases and mount the wood to the frame (for now?).  Maybe 1 case in the back and one in the front?  Each case is about 160lbs, so I also could opt to put them both up front, we'll see.

I received my charger today, a 3kw Elcon version.  The Elcon charger along side an Orion BMS using the Canbus feature of each, will this be an easy setup?  Also I asked that the Elcon have the 15a limit set on the 120v setting, I don't know how I can use 240v, or also how I use a public charging station?

We used 3 copper bars to create a 12v battery out of 4 of the Lithium cells which measures 13.23 volts, I wanted to hook it up to the vacuum pump just to see something do something! but didn't get any wiring and we had to leave.

This weekend is also the broadcast of the Starcraft 2 year end finals, AND the MotoGP final race of the year in Spain, where the championship has not yet been decided, so that is creeping in on my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment