Monday, November 4, 2013

The EV Idea

An idea to convert started in July 2013.  I originally thought to convert my '80 Toyota Corona and then moved my target to a 1985 VW Cabriolet (rabbit convertible).  Reasoning being there was a pre-built kit for sale for this model of VW that would have all the components ready-to-go.  Later on I decided not to use the pre-built kit partially because it was designed around Lead Acid batteries which are too heavy for my tastes.  Still, during this delay I purchased a Cabriolet and immediately enjoyed owning and driving a convertible during this especially long and excellent 2013 Colorado summer. 


I've learned many things about the industry and it's options. And just like the VW purchase, which was a wrong decision in a certain light, the work and circumstances revealed a new and happy possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment